Morven Smith and Nat Britten (Day 7) : MICF Daily
Who likes to not spend money, or reward the comedians for their hard work by saving themselves about $5 each that could just as easily make the difference between a comedian eating dinner or blowing old men in alleyways for cash? Well, you’re in luck because it’s tightass Tuesday at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
Don’t fear, Watch Out For | Comedy and MICF Daily never plan on charging you (unless we do, in which case, pay up chumps!).
Today on the show, MICF Daily host Mike Brown speaks with Morven Smith and Nat Britten about One in a Million, which is currently on at the Tuxedo Cat.
Morven is also featured in 4′s Kin, which kicks off this Thursday at the Irish Times. Full details for tickets and locations are available at the Comedy Festival website.
MICF Daily News (Tue 3rd April, 2012)
* It’s the first Tightarse Tuesday for the festival, with cut price tickets available for many acts on tonight. Big names available for next to nix tonight include Jimeoin, Hannah Gadsby, Stephen K Amos, and Wanda Sykes to name but a few.
* Tickets are now on sale for Super Pod, the Walking The Room / TOFOP crossover taking place Good Friday Eve at the Town Hall. The recording will take place at 11pm in the Powder Room, with this sure to sell out event has all tickets available for $20 from Ticketmaster.
* For those who to spare themselves from an uphill walk from the Town Hall to Trades Hall, the festival is now offering a free shuttle bus to run punters between the two venues. The bright yellow bus leaves the Melbourne Town Hall on the corner of Collins and Swanston Streets every 30 minutes from 5:30, and leaves Trades Hall from Lygon Street every 30 minutes from 5:45 daily.
* Plenty of sell outs going on nightly at the festival, but one man sitting pretty is comic Dave Hughes, who has sold out the entire run of his show The Comeback Tour for the festival. An extra show has been added for Saturday, April 21 at the Regent Theatre.
* If you’re a fan of festival pop-up venue the Tuxedo Cat be aware – the venue has moved from its 2011 location but still features the same great comedy that the venue always offer. Tuxedo Cat is now located on Level 3, 277 Flinders Lane between Degreaves and Elizabeth streets. Look for the chalk written arrow pointing you into an office building.
* Have an iPhone and are looking for cheap food and drinks? The festival has partnered with Yumtable to create the MICF Drinking and Dining iPhone app, which is chock full of discounts for festival venues such as the Hairy Little Sisa or close by restaurants such as The Moat. The app is free, and available right now from the iTunes store.
* LATE NIGHT: Benn Bennett will bring his Tropical Hotdog Night to Festival Club tonight at the Hi-Fi Bar. Kicking off at 11:30, the bill features Wes Snelling, Ali McGregor, David Quirk, Hannah Gadsby, Paul Foot, and Carl-Einar Häckner to a tropical wonderland of pineapples, prizes and laughs. Tickets at the door. Sammy J speaks with Dom Romeo 11:30pm tonight at Stand Up Sit Down, and St Ali’s Late Night Perculator returns to the beloved coffeehouse at 10:30.
* TOMORROW: Star of Million Dollar Tegan and member of sketch duo Watson, the great Tegan Higginbotham will join us to talk about trying not to get punched in the nose and working with Adam McKenzie.