Luke McGregor (Day 6) : MICF Daily
The dreaded first Monday of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. It can spell either success or doom for comedians opting to put shows on – the question is, how will your favourite act fare?
Where as Monday used to be the day off for comics, this year’s Melbourne International Comedy Festival has a large number of acts performing on the “comedian’s holiday”, including today’s Watch Out For | Comedy MICF guest.
Today on MICF Daily, Mike Brown speaks with Luke McGregor about his role in skewed talk show Late O’Clock with Rob Hunter. Late O’Clock takes place every Monday night of the festival at the Town Hall, check the Comedy Festival website.
MICF Daily News (Mon April 2, 2012)
* So what’s better than a podcast? A super pod of course! Greg Behrendt Walking The Room is meeting Wil Anderson’s TOFOP in a Flinstones meets the Jetsons type scenario for Super Pod, this Thursday at 11pm at the Town Hall.
* If you can’t get to the Town Hall on Thursday, Steele Saunders has announced another live episode of his podcast I Love Green Guide Letters. Following up from last week’s special guests Andy Kindler and Bart Freebairn, this week Steele will host Wil Anderson and Justin Hamilton. The show takes place 3pm Saturday at Spleen Bar, with tickets available at the door.
* Plenty of reviews have came in over the weekend. At the top of the Herald-Sun’s list, four and a half star reviews went to Tommy Dassalo, Anil Desai, Wil Anderson, and Paul Foot, with four star reviews going to Headliners, Anne Edmonds, Tegan Higginbotham, Celia Pacquola, Tom Binns, Greg Fleet, Luke Heggie, and Bob Franklin & Steven Gates.
* Over at festival tweet tracker Laugh Track, Wil Anderson is still top of the shows following the first weekend of comedy Jimmy James Eaton’s show is in at second, with Simon Taylor, Mick Neven, and Wanda Sykes following not far behind.
* MONDAY SPECIALS: No Festival Club on tonight, but plenty of Monday-only shows take it’s place tonight at the festival, including:
6pm: Greg Behrendt and Dave Anthony bring a live pod-cuddle of Walking The Room to the Town Hall.
7pm: Nick Cody brings out his friends to talk about their youth in Back to School, and Michael Workman will be a special guest at FanFiction Comedy.
7:30pm: The third season of The Shelf kicks off at the Toff in Town, with Wil Anderson popping by for the opening chat.
8:30pm: Earwolf Challenge finalists The Little Dum Dum Club tape a live episode of their podcast at the Town Hall to be released later in the week. Over at Spleen Bar, Comedy at Spleen will have another jam packed edition, while in St Kilda, Local Laughs will feature Harley Breen and Michael Williams.
9:30pm: Greg Fleet and Mikey Robbins team up for Mikey and Fleety’s Monday Mania at the Town Hall.
9:45pm: The talk show with a host that isn’t very good at talking to people, Late O’Clock with Rob Hunter returns to the Town Hall.
* TOMORROW: Morven Smith and Nat Britten join Mike to discuss their show One in a Million plus all the latest news of everything Comedy Festival.