Dom Romeo (Day 2) : MICF Daily
The 2012 Melbourne International Comedy Festival is officially underway, there are comedians floating around town carrying their own increasingly ridiculous props and there will be enough pamphlets handed out and thrown in the bin to ensure the Amazon never truly recovers.
And so, it is with great pleasure that WATCH OUT FOR | COMEDY presents another fresh edition of MICF Daily with your delightful host Mike Brown and special guest, Sydney comedy nerd and all around nice guy, Dom Romeo.
Romeo chats about his show “Stand Up Sit Down : Comics in Conversation”, the show kicks off tonight at Hairy Little Sista in Little Collins St, right around the corner from the Melbourne Town Hall.
Today’s MICF Daily News (Thurs 29 March, 2012)
* The 2012 Melbourne International Comedy Festival is now officially underway
* CHEAP TICKETS : Discount ticket website Lasttix are offering a selection of 2 for 1 tickets for shows this week. 2 for 1 offers include festival acts such as Fiona O’Loughlin, Greg Fleet, Jason Chong, Luke Heggie, Jeff Green, and Nick Cody. Tickets are only available for select days and times, visit lasttix.com.au for further details.
* FREE COMEDY : The (Very) Big Laugh Out returns today at Federation Square. Featuring acts such as Japan’s Funny Bones and local favourites The List Operators; the family friendly event takes place three times a day at 1pm, 2:30pm, and 4pm.
* Australian film 10 Terrorists will debut today as part of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. The film, a satirical take on war and reality television takes place at Greater Union Cinema on Russell St today at 5:30pm, tickets $35 at the door.
* St Ali have added two extra shows that weren’t listed in the festival guide. Karen Muzniek’s Green Room nominated show First Against The Wall, and Richard McKenzie’s Sting in The Tale will take place at the venue during the festival. For tickets and times, visit trybooking.com
* A live edition of podcast I Love Green Guide Letters will take place this Saturday at Spleen Bar. The podcast, hosted by Melbourne based comic Steele Saunders takes a light hearted look at the inane letters seen in The Age’s Green Guide tv supplement and will feature a mystery international festival guest. The show kicks off at 3pm, tickets $5 at the door.
* Festival Club returns with Comedy Bonanza – a hand picked selection of the festival’s finest acts let it hang loose late at the Hi-Fi Bar. Dave Callan MCs with Anne Edmonds, Felicity Ward, Glenn Wool, Jimmy McGhie, Pat Burtscher, Asher Treleaven, Kate McLennan, Vachel Spirason, Nath Valvo, Idiots of Ants, Dayne Rathbone, Andrew O’Neill, Matt Okine, and DeAnne Smith. Show kicks off at 11:30pm, tickets at the door.
* Girls Night returns to Hairy Little Sista at 6:30pm. Tonight’s show includes Cath Styles, Kate Boston-Smith, Nat Britten, Tess Waters, and George McEncroe.
* TOMORROW : Mike speaks to Jennifer Wong about her show Ouch & Other Words, plus the reviews that have been making waves through the festival.